AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Displaying White letters through the AVT-3700, The don't appear to sit still, its almost as if they vibrate back and forth (or up and down) very quickly. Is this the chroma problem everyone is taking about? Also, when the unit is in 480p or 640x480 mode, and I press the resolution button, the mode appears still and very readable in the upper right hand corner of the screen. When I set it to 1080i, the "1080i" in the upper right hand corner is very hard to make out, and it too appears to be bouncing up and down very quickly. Any Idea why this is?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Doesn't sound like chroma at all. When I did have the 3700, before I sent it back last week, I didn't notice anything like that. Sounds like you have a bad connection, or using cheap cables to me. If you received your 3700 within the last 2 weeks they are chroma bug free. I got one of two that were left in their warehouse that they had to manually put the new firmware chip in. The rest of their stock had the updated firmware. 1080i is not going to be very clear if you have a projector that has less resolution and the 3700 has to scale up. What you are seeing is probaly normal. What projector are you using?

Scott

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott,

Thanks for the reply. I have an RCA D52W20 RPTV. I am using the wires that came with the unit for everything. I don't think its a bad connection, becuz on all the other resolutions it looks fine.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I don't have a CRT, but I thought I read that you have to do convergence for all resolutions. It may be that you need to converge your television for 1080i. Just a thought.

Scott

·
Registered
764 Posts
Dont know what type of display you have but it sounds like interlacing artifacts on a CRT. An interlaced image with a CRT will not display text that is clear and you will see each field and its scan lines bouncing back and forth. With a CRT you are better off with a deinterlaced and scaled resolution like 720p or 960p (or even 1080p) rather than 1080i. Text or fine lines that are interlaced will show scan lines on 1080i.

Pablo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.