AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering selling off my Holo3dgraph card and getting the AVT-3700. Before I do I wanted to clarify a couple things about it.

1) Secrets noted some problems with the chroma delay and output voltages. These problems only apply to the component video output, correct? My displays are a Sony KLW-9000 and an NEC LT150 so I will only be using the VGA input and would not be worried if these issues do not apply to VGA.

2) Has anyboy noticed any problems with lipsync on this box?

3) Does it perform well scaling PAL sources?

Any information regarding these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

-- Dzung

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Issue 1 has been corrected with the new firmware and newer models and only applied to component output in earlier model (upgradeable with a single socketed chip replacement for free).

Issue 2 is a nonissue.

Issue 3--I'm not sure about as I have no PAL tittles.

I doubt that this will beat your Holo3D and HTPC. It will give best-bang for the buck though ($400 shipped with 30d MBG no questions asked). I love mine with my LT150 (day to day viewing) but my Radeon HTPC is still best (I use it for critical viewing or showing off). 720p actually looks better than XGA due to better color rendition. XGA is slightly sharper but colors are not perfect.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response Huey. I have some lipsync issues with the Holo3d and these days I just don't have enough time to tweak my htpc like I used to. The AVT looks like it will be a nice plug and play solution for getting rid of those deinterlacing artifacts that I frequently encounter on many of the foreign/Asian dvds that I own.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am sure Holo 3d andAVT 3700 are both video/graphics cards

How does this compare with ATI RADEON 9500 or 900 PRO

I need a video card that is best for play back of scenery documentaries ( Mt Everest , glaciers, canyons etc) VIA DVI output to my projector

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Neither the Holo 3d nor the AVT3700 are graphics cards. The Holo 3d is a PC card but the PC must also have a graphics card such as the ATI cards. The AVT3700 is a stand alone video scaler and not related to PC based solutions.

Ron Jones

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an off centreing problem with the AVT 3700 and Tosh 42H81. The image is shifted up half inch when viewed thru the AVT 3700. No problem from the source when bypassing AVT. Has this problem been seen before and is there a fix?

Al

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an off centreing problem with the AVT 3700 and Tosh 42H81. The image is shifted up half inch when viewed thru the AVT 3700. No problem from the source when bypassing AVT. Has this problem been seen before and is there a fix?

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.