AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flipping the channels tonight and caught a Hometime episode on PBS-You devoted to HDTV. It was very pro HDTV and surprisingly accurate. The systems they set up used an RCA DTC 100 with a break out cable to a projector and a 61" RCA rear projection set. They discussed OTA, cable, DVD, and several other great subjects. They even showed how to mount an attic antenna for OTA HDTV (the only downside to the whole show was that is was one of those long orange TErk models). They did mention you might be able to use your existing antenna setup. They showed how to mount in wall speakers and even setup an eliptical DirecTV dish. The transition period was explained. STB's were explained.

This episode would be a great must see for newbies. I hope everyone in the country gets to see this episode http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Did anyone else catch this?

Scott

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I didn't see it, but this is the kind of thing that Joe Sixpack needs to see in order to understand and accept the technology. I know that they ran it a couple times before, because some other folks here commented on it at that time.

------------------

Dean Roddey

The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
[email protected]
www.charmedquark.com

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I saw it a few months ago. 'thought it was generally pretty good as well, but I too was real disappointed that they led viewers to believe that you needed a ~$400 antenna to receive OTA.

------------------

You have a right to install OTA and dish antennas on property under your control.

See http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It may not be the same episode (or parts thereof) but scheduled for May 8th at 5pm on TLC there is an "Shingle Cottage Features: Installing Electronics" (no date mentioned) that includes a "review of the installation of the electronics systems in the shingle cottage. Included: the home theater; the security system"

Not quite the same as the episode titled "High-Definition Television" which first aired Jan2000 but a search of the Hometime.com site revealed no other similar type episode. So, worth checking out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.