AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Panasonic 55DT50 TV from Amazon in early March, but it had some backlight leaking problems

Called Panasonic on March 5th. The rep told me to reset the TV, adjust brightness, adjust backlight, etc.....in the end she insisted that my receiver was faulty. I asked her to tell that to her supervisor.

Then she told told me to take some pictures. I said why not just send a technician. They insisted on seeing pictures.

7 or 8 days after sending the pictures, a field rep called me and set up an appointment.

No one came on appointment day. Called again and rescheduled for March 18th.

Someone came on March 18th. He seemed pretty professional and admitted that the TV was faulty. Told me that once they get a check from Panasonic, they would deliver the check and pick up the TV.

Since then I have been waiting. Called Panasonic and the servicer a few times. On April 2nd, Panasonic said they sent the check on March 29th.

Today I called the servicer. They have not received the check. Called Panasonic - they said the check is still being processed. I said last time I called, I was told that it was sent out on March 29th. The rep became irritated and said they have no information to share. I said, "why is it taking so long to write a check?" He kept saying they have no information to share. I said "f--- you" and hung up.

Other than Amazon and few other businesses, customer service in the US is awful. Just one more reason for me to leave the US as soon as I graduate (I am an international student).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: after few more calls, Panasonic customer service escalated the issue to higher level management. They confirmed that a check was issued on the 11th and would take 2-3 weeks to arrive.

So, it will have taken almost 8 weeks to resolve my claim! Panasonic TVs are great if you don't get a lemon, But if you do, return it, and do not bother with their useless customer service.

·
Registered
600 Posts

Quote:
Other than Amazon and few other businesses, customer service in the US is awful. Just one more reason for me to leave the US as soon as I graduate (I am an international student)

Funny that you say that. That over the phone service you received wasn't international?

Reactions: John4721
1 - 4 of 4 Posts