AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have an ASUS 9600 running in my HTPC, I have the included DVI > HDMI adapter plugged in to the back and then an HDMI cable running to my TV.

I have nVidia set to 1080p and i tried 24Hz and 60Hz refresh rate but the picture quality straight out SUCKS. I can barely even read this text that i'm typing right now... it's just not CRISP like on my 15" LCD monitor... and whenever I stop scrolling or type a new letter there is jitter around that area it SUCKS

Am I doing something wrong or is this just that way it is?? If so I'm VERY dissapointed and will have to return this tv... uggghhhhhh

Thanks I really appriciate any help I can get with this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, when I plug it into the tv via VGA it looks fine at 1280x1024 in 4:3 mode... but this is obviously NOT optimal for this monitor or htpc...

gah this is horrible... does anyone have any ideas what can be wrong when i'm using hdmi???

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
You really need to post this over in the HTPC threads where those hobbyists reside.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike6789 /forum/post/14209115

Hi guys,

I have an ASUS 9600 running in my HTPC, I have the included DVI > HDMI adapter plugged in to the back and then an HDMI cable running to my TV.

I have nVidia set to 1080p and i tried 24Hz and 60Hz refresh rate but the picture quality straight out SUCKS. I can barely even read this text that i'm typing right now... it's just not CRISP like on my 15" LCD monitor... and whenever I stop scrolling or type a new letter there is jitter around that area it SUCKS

Am I doing something wrong or is this just that way it is?? If so I'm VERY dissapointed and will have to return this tv... uggghhhhhh

Well, I finally got some cables and I connected my PC to my TV via VGA. The resolution is set to 1280x1024 and it doesn't look as 'crisp' as it does on my CRT monitor (also at 1280x1024) when it comes to text, but everything is definitely legible. I haven't experienced any jitter however. I've tried watching some "HD" avi/mp4/wmv's and they all don't look as good as they do on the CRT. I'm starting to think that I never noticed just how compressed the video files have been till now. I will try a DVD on the PC later tonight....

·
Registered
160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike6789 /forum/post/14209115

Hi guys,

I have the cheaper LZ85 series without the gloss display and the VGA port ..... Here is what I did to get a razor sharp pic:

* Bought a dvi->hdmi cable from monoprice.com

* Connect it to the game mode port on the TV

* I use ubuntu with a cheap ATI x1300 card and I installed the driver and enabled the dual desktop settings with cloned display

* Rebooted and voila! Sharp pics .....

So, try a better cable and use the game mode inputs. If it doesnt help, then use another video card (it could be a loose connector issue) .... If that doesnt help, maybe you got a lemon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts