AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a quick fix for the amber/yellow push issue? Everything will look fine except that if there is something yellow in a scene, it will look more like day-glo yellow. Also, many scenes will look like an amber sepia tone, and not look normal. It make it look like someone was going for an antique look in a modern action movie!

What is a quick and easy way to mute amber and yellow?

Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Never heard of a yellow push issue.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bo /forum/post/14171544

Never heard of a yellow push issue.

Many scenes in movies look like they have an amber cast to them. Anything that is yellow/gold is overly bright and saturated. If there is not yellow in a scene, then it looks just fine.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdog /forum/post/14171672

Many scenes in movies look like they have an amber cast to them. Anything that is yellow/gold is overly bright and saturated. If there is not yellow in a scene, then it looks just fine.

What source and video cables are you using?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Again.. never heard of it with the ax200. Sounds like a settings/source/other variable issue.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bo /forum/post/14172062

Again.. never heard of it with the ax200. Sounds like a settings/source/other variable issue.

Try reading some threads...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwk1436 /forum/post/11909973

I have a color problem with yellow. Everything else looks good but the yellow is rediculously bright and even bleeds over. I have tried everything with only minor improvement? Does anyone have any suggestions. Biggest problem was while watching HD football games. Have tried both component and HDMI cables. Same issue's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSlow /forum/post/11914644

I have that as well..along with the orange...it kinda overwhelms you!

Yes, many others have had this problem too.

As for sources, I have tried Blu-ray via HDMI, HD DVD via HDMI, and HD cable via Component. All with the same results.

·
Registered
731 Posts
That doesn't count as "MANY" to me. Sorry you are having an issue. Either run through the settings and try tweaking them or ship it to heartland to fix it if no one can help ya out. That's what a warranty is for.

Tried resetting everything to default?

What kind of screen are you using?

Maybe try some of the gamma settings or turn the color down a bit.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bo /forum/post/14174892

That doesn't count as "MANY" to me. Sorry you are having an issue. Either run through the settings and try tweaking them or ship it to heartland to fix it if no one can help ya out. That's what a warranty is for.

Tried resetting everything to default?

What kind of screen are you using?

Maybe try some of the gamma settings or turn the color down a bit.

I am going to fiddle with it tonight and change some settings. I have a DV10 that I am going to compare pictures to also. If I can I'll get some screen shots.

If it were green, blu or red, I would better know what to do. But this is more of an amber/yellow problem. I just need to turn down the intensity of it.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I would do a factory reset on it to get all the settings back to default. Not sure how that works on the AX200 but you should be able to do that somewhere in the menu. Then, turn off all the image enhancing functions and see what you get from that.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I got out my DV10 and projected it next to the AX200 on the same screen. It took a little while, but I was able to get rid of the excessive yellow and ambers.

My next step is to do a real callibration now that I know that I am able to get rid of the bad coloring, and that it is not a flaw in the projector.

They need to do a better job with factory settings. I am sure most would have just returned the thing.

·
Registered
870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdog /forum/post/14184377

Well, I got out my DV10 and projected it next to the AX200 on the same screen. It took a little while, but I was able to get rid of the excessive yellow and ambers.

My next step is to do a real callibration now that I know that I am able to get rid of the bad coloring, and that it is not a flaw in the projector.

They need to do a better job with factory settings. I am sure most would have just returned the thing.

What settings did you end up with in order to correct for the yellow?

Stace

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlehman /forum/post/14184636

What settings did you end up with in order to correct for the yellow?

Stace

Less blue and less green. I think part of the problem was for most most profiles, all the colors were over saturated. I'll see if I can list the exact settings.

·
Registered
731 Posts

Quote:
They need to do a better job with factory settings

Sorry, but that's a bit funny. The Panny's are one of the best out of the box PJ's. You had back luck, glad you got it to your liking though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts