AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone from a panasonic ax200u to an epson 8700ub?

I currently have the panasonic and I'm thinking about upgrading to 1080p...seems to be some ok deals right now.

I know picture quality should have a boost over the ax200u but I'm wondering how noticeable the lumen drop from 2000 to 1600 will be.

Light isn't always easy to control in the room so it is mostly used at night since it is hard to see in the daytime.

The ax200u was marketed as good for "gaming" and the only thing we have hooked up to it is a PS3. Use it for gaming, bluray, and netflix.

Anyway, comments from people who have used both would be appreciated...or any good input for that matter.

...after posting this, guess I didn't really look at the other 1080p projectors out there, the epson 8350 appears to have 2000 lumens and 1080p interesting the 8700ub drops in brightness, though from reading reviews it has phenomenal blacks

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
First thing to note is that neither of those lumen ratings are realistic. That being said, the only advantage to the Panny you have is that it will be slightly brighter. Whether the small drop off is a problem only you can tell. If you are pushing the abilities now, that may be a consideration. If not, I'd say you are good for the upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.