Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Axiom Audio Facility Tour & New Products

by Audioholics.com

Back in fall of 2004 we took our first trip to Canadian Loudspeaker Manufacturer Axiom Audio to check out their new super subwoofers – the EP500 and EP600, and their manufacturing and testing facilities via our factory tour.

Needless to say, we were most impressed with the company, products and the Axiom community. We learned that the folks that work for Axiom do so because of their passion for the art of loudspeaker design and their commitment to building the best products possible within price ranges most mere mortals could afford. However, by digging a little deeper and spending a bit more time with these people, one comes to the realization that they don’t work within the typical confines of the employer/employee work model. Instead, they operate more like an extended family of audio experts who love working together, sharing free time with each other, and benefitting from the synergy they develop working in a free-thinking, unconstrained environment.

When I asked Ian Colquhoun, owner of Axiom Audio, how and where they come up with new product ideas, his response was “we do most of our new product envisioning on the dock†. Be that as it may, I made sure to bring my swim trunks. Luckily it was summer, making the freshwater lake almost bearable for this Florida-boy who is used to swimming in bathtub-like water temperatures in the Gulf of Mexico.

On our last visit, Ian drilled us with the National Research Council (NRC) gospel of loudspeaker design, stressing that if a loudspeaker isn’t linear in an anechoic environment, it doesn’t hold a prayer in terms of accurately reproducing music.

http://www.audioholics.com/productre...p_image025.jpg

http://www.audioholics.com/productre...age002_161.jpg

Read On to Learn about Axiom's new Inwall/Onwall Speaker Products and Audio Amplifiers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.