Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's that for an obscure comparison?

What's even more obscure is the fact that I'm looking for 6 towers and a center for a 7.1 setup in my yet-to-be-completed theater in the basement. The theater is not self-contained, implying a large room with a large volume of air to fill. I prefer the inexpensive towers all around to the "fuller range bookshelves" that require stands, which lend themselves to being knocked over by my 3 young children. I would probably go with bookshelves for the rear or sides if they along or near walls, but only 1 of these 4 will be.

I am also planning on an SVS 20-39 PC+.

I have heard nary a bad thing about the HTD level 3 towers, and its matching center is rated down to a decent 45 Hz. The newer level 3's have implemented improvements over the previous versions, and the new batch builds keep selling out as soon as they are made.

Likewise, the Axiom M40 and M50 also get good reviews, with deficiencies noted only in comparison to much more expensive speakers. The center channel VP150 seems a tad pricey at $350, though, and it only extends to 85 Hz (3 dB). I also wonder if I took a drive to Canada if I could find the Axioms at a deal from the shops in Windsor? Probably would want the M50, but perhaps (2) M50s and (4) M40s would be a better bang for the buck.

This forum is great and has so much input, that I'm hoping SOMEBODY has heard both of these speakers????

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.