AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow Dedicated Theater Design & Construction follows and Gods of HT building,...

First of all thank you for every forum poster and contributor and all of the home theater experts (in no particular order) including BigMouthDC (Jeff Parkinson, Tedd White, Dennis Erskine, Bryap Pape (bpape), Jeff Meier pf AccuCal, Richard Rives, Terry Montlick, Adam Appelz, Brian Ravnaas, and any other experts that offer their services and advice on this forum (sorry if I missed anyone).
Unfortunately I have no photos to share because I don't even have a space or home to build a home theater in (yet) 

I have been researching the Dedicated Theater Design & Construction thread for 5 years and I originally got the bug for a home theater in the mid 1990 since that day my brother brought home a "three eyed monster" CRT projector, and setup a HT in our basement. To think how far projector technology has progressed since then.......I am amazed as to why everyone does not want a home with a dedicated HT in it now!!!!!!!!! 

I remember being obsessed with "Audio/Video Interiors" magazine...

As part of my research for my future dedicated home theater, I have created over 11,000 MS Word documents that each cover the different aspects of the home theater, from tools, work, purchases, the psychology of dedicated home theater work, the social aspects of the it, cost, AVS forum stuff, HT computer, contractors, etc that I have copied and pasted from 1000s of dedicated home theater threads here at AVS Forum.   I have a list of "threads for the future" that has 500 threads from the AVS forum here where I copy and paste the individual posts in each thread and "categorize" them in one of my 11,000 MS Word documents.  I have been doing this for 5 years and I will contintue until I start the build.

At the bottom of this post are the list of 9797 MS word documents. The total size in gigabytes is close to 9GB considering the size of all of the documents.  Some are close to 1000 pages in length.

I also have become pretty good at  Google Sketchup and I have created  a home theater to work on. I will update with pictures of it later. It includes (so far) all layers of the HT from framing to drywall to pink rigid foam, carpet, molding etc.

If the Administrators of the AVSForum.com do not mind, I will be updating what I add to my 11,000 MS Word documents every day, and as often as possible.

*disclaimer
There are tons of mispellings and wrong choice of words to define the MS Word documents below.  Please excuse my niavete in advance for the lack of know-how regarding how I described and defined each document. I especially apologize if I mispelled anyone's name or any company's product name.

Next to each document is its size in kilobytes.

·
Registered
269 Posts

I have read the OP a few times and I am still not sure if this is some kind of troll.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Doublewing11,

Lol!! I honestly admit that your photo attachment is an accurate assessment of my current state of affairs with regards to my dedicated home theater build. I am just preaching without even a home yet to build a theater in.

I am not a troll in any way and I apologize to everyone for any misunderstandings.

I guarantee this theater will happen some day.

Attached is the document list I promised in notepad. "txt" format.

This document is a list of all of the documents "I use" to add to with regards to my research for my home theater build.

Each item in the list is a file name of a MS Word document that references each individual MS Word document.

I add to this list every day as I research.

For each MS Word document, I cut and paste AVSForum member postings (and I research the internet and copy and paste any relevant information I find on other websites and Home Theater forums as well) and enter them into the appropiate MS Word document.

About 10% of the MS Word documents are close to 1000 pages (you can see the file sizes of every MS Word document in the attached .txt file).

Let me know if any of you understand the attachment and my strategy towards my future home theater build!!!!!!!

ht.txt 1,011k .txt file 

Attachments

• 1,010.6 KB Views: 111

·
Premium Member
666 Posts

subscribed!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Also, I am on my 35th reading of Warren Peterson's Home Theater book.

I highly recommend it for anyone.

Even after reading it 30+ times, I keep absorbing new information from it every time I read it.

I will keep reading it over and again until my home theater build is finished.

I also have seen all of his available video and audio interviews that he sells as well.

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,425 Posts
I applaud your interest and enthusiasm in being a future Home Theater owner.

I read your initial statement and what struck with me was your description of your employment situation and the lack of compensation you feel you are due. My suggestion is to take a sabbatical from Home Theater research. Invest the time and effort toward furthering your career. If that means additional education, go for it. If it means taking a risk at a new job, do it. The sooner you have the means the sooner you will be sitting in your home theater.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts