AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to choose a wall mount for my Pioneer PRO151 being delivered next week. I'm torn between choosing a standard cantilever wall mount like the following Chief product:
http://www.chiefmfg.com/productdetai...ProductID=2296

OR

the following "automated" Chief product:
http://www.chiefmfg.com/productdetai...roductID=25846

Price isn't an issue as I have found both of these products selling new for just over $300.00. Not bad considering they list for closer to $800.00

I know Chief's quality is suppose to be top notch and it's reflected in the reviews. For my mount location, I cannot mount an "in wall" style mount otherwise that would've been my first choice. I only require a small amount of tilt and left turn/right turn travel, so both would work fine. I do like to move my monitor's slightly depending upon which side of the room I'm sitting on, so the automated mount with it's 2 preset's sounds rather appealing. I just don't know if this style mount lends itself to break downs or other issue's.

So, has anyone used this or any other "automated" style wall mount? Would you buy this automated mount, and why or why not?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Even in that size, i would find it difficult to spend >$50 for a mount where I only need "a slight amount" of travel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry. When I meant "slight", I mean I don't require a full 90' turn left and right, closer to 40' would be plenty. And I also require adjustable tilt and more than just a few degree's. I would like at least 10' tilt adjustment. Please accept my apology for the confusion. I too agree that a standard $50.00 hard mount would be fine if I only required a "slight" adjustment. With that said, I want an articulating mount and would like to hear from anyone with experience with an "automated" wall mount. I wouldn't even consider this thing if I wasn't able to get it for basically the same price as most standard articulating mounts. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I've tried a lot of mounts and I'm hesitant about this one because of the small footprint where the arms connect to the backplate. At least it has 2 arms. Any mount I've ever seen which was made up of a series of single arms pivoted together all wobbled and tilted because of the play, even if minimal, in each joint. Because of this, I've always used mounts which look like sections of "ladder" hinged together. Rock solid and cheap. I take it you have not seen this unit in person? Do you need a unit that goes up and down and side to side? That's where the price goes up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts