AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking to get a Samsung PN58B650 and am thinking of ordering online with B&H Photo, to get free shipping and no tax. Anyone order from them and have good/bad experiences?

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness999 /forum/post/17050521

Hi All,

Looking to get a Samsung PN58B650 and am thinking of ordering online with B&H Photo, to get free shipping and no tax. Anyone order from them and have good/bad experiences?

Thanks,

Gary

I have ordered a lot of photo equipment from them (cameras, lenses, etc). The items usually have arrived the day before I expected them, which is probably a result of their being in the middle of NYC and very close to major freight hubs.

They don't hard-sell extended warranties, which is another point in their favor.

The only time I needed customer service was when an Onkyo receiver arrived DOA because of defective headphone jack, indicating to the receiver that phones were plugged in when they weren't. (This muted the speaker outputs.) B&H was responsive in getting me a replacement unit.

I recommend them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have purchased items from their store here in Manhattan a few times, and unlike some other retailers *cough*6thAve*cough* the prices in the store match the online prices. It is a very well run store with overhead conveyers to deliver your requested items to the front door after you have paid.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Cannot comment on returns or any of that stuff, but we have purchased a/v equipment through them before. Intelligent staff and overall smooth process each time (both shipped and in store pickup). Count me as another Recommendation.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness999 /forum/post/17050521

Hi All,

Thanks,

Gary

B&H is excellent to deal with. Highly recommended. I've bought numerous items from them over the years, mostly digicams. I do have a friend who purchased a 58 plasma from them 2 years ago. All went smoothly..

·
Registered
942 Posts
same here. I bought quite a few camera items through them over the years and they were always very prompt with their deliveries and good prices.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Gary,

I wanted to post this as some people have sometimes overlooked this ordering from B&H. Check out their return policy page:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/Hel...rnExchange.jsp

It says "no returns on TVs 37" and larger once opened." Now, I think that's just if you don't want the TV any more...if it's defective, I'm sure they'll help replace it. However, I just wanted to bring that to your attention so that you don't get screwed over.

I am another very happy B&H customer for camera gear- I've bought just about every piece of photo equipment I own from them. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of their return policies on their TVs.

Good luck with your purchase,

Tyler

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have ordered an Onkyo receiver as well as an Onkyo speaker system in the past, and more recently a set of speaker stands and never had a problem. I have never had to deal with customer service however.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Never dealt with them personally but they have an excellent rating over at resellerratings.com .

Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all for taking the time to respond. I decided to go with them, and they have already shipped the tv, and arranged to have a shipping link sent so I could arrange delivery with Manna shipping service, which I have also heard good things about. I think I will be very happy with them based on the feedback and my initial 24 hrs.

I did note that returns on large screens are not allowed, but I also read it as only if you don't want the tv. In the case of defects, you are allowed two days to let them know, plus both B&H and Manna put in the policy that it is okay to refuse shipment at time of delivery if there is any concern with damage or tv not working/looking right.

While it would be nice to use a local store or even amazon for a slightly better return policy, I couldn't pass up the price and with the recommendations I think I made a good choice.

Wish me luck! Delivery of my 58B650 is Monday the 31st!

·
Registered
5,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrand1 /forum/post/17053993

Gary,

I wanted to post this as some people have sometimes overlooked this ordering from B&H. Check out their return policy page:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/Hel...rnExchange.jsp

It says "no returns on TVs 37" and larger once opened." Now, I think that's just if you don't want the TV any more...if it's defective, I'm sure they'll help replace it. However, I just wanted to bring that to your attention so that you don't get screwed over.

I am another very happy B&H customer for camera gear- I've bought just about every piece of photo equipment I own from them. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of their return policies on their TVs.

No, it is a common misconception that 'return' means 'refund'; in fact, 'return' simply means to send the item back to the store. So, if a 37"+ TV is defective, no, they don't take it back and replace it, it goes to manufacturer's warranty.

Some vendors have similar policies on TV of certain sizes and larger not being returnable, others don't.

Types of 'returns' include 'refund', 'exchange/credit', and 'replacement'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts