AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just received my father-in-laws 202 as a hand me down and while it is quite an upgrade over my last receiver it seems to drop audio once and a while when switching channels (Sat-t60). Is this a known issue? Is it fixable? If yes, who would fix it? Is it a hardware or firmware issue? Any answers are apprieciated greatly!

WAF on this not good!

Thank you!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bUmP

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I am not sure what vintage a B&K 202 is. I have a B&K 3090 that quite regularly stops outputting audio. It shows that it is receiving a DD signal and usually some small amount of audio comes out the rear channels but nothing from the front. It only happens on digital inputs and typically it happens when I am switching inputs or if I had to pause long enough for the DD to drop out. I talked to B&K several times and they said I probably had dirty power causing the micro to mess up. I put in a power conditioner and I thought at first that it was helping but I still have the problem. I would have sent it to B&K for repair but the guy (Jerry) I talked to made it sound like it was my power issue. All in all I am pretty disappointed with the response from B&K. When you pay $2K for a box you expect a little more customer service that that. If you want to call them the number I have a couple number written on my manual. 716-656-0023 and 800 543-5252 .

Not sure whether my answer helped you or just helped me express my feelings.

..Doyle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.