AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7 year old B&K AVR 307 which I love. But every now and then I get the itch to get the newest technology. Last few times I asked this most said the newer recievers would not sound that much better but was wondering if this newest one maybe worth retiring my old B&K? Keep hearing how great HDMI sound is and a friend brags all the time he has all these diffrent settings for his reciever and all I have is DTS not the newer sound fields. Long story short will this reciever sound that much better than my B&K to make it worth giving up my B&K? Will it have the power of my B&K good bass and detail in sound is important! My B&K sound great but have a PS3, Xbox360 hi def comcast may go to Direct TV soon love blu ray movies and sound is almost as import as picture so want the best sound I can get.. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Just buy one from somewhere that has a no hassle return policy. If it doesn't meet your expectations just take it back. IMO, you will probably notice a difference with your BR movies since you can use the lossless sound option, but probably won't see any improvements in music listening.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts