AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an AVR 507 with original firmware (1.0?) that has performed pretty flawlessly over last 7 years (aside from intermittent lock ups). Recently upon changing from Comcast cable to Verizon FIOS, the new Verizon Motorola STB's digital audio outs do not work with the B&K's S/PDIF inputs, coaxial or optical.

The STB is outputting fine as the optical cable is lite and the original input on the B&K works fine with the previous STB from Comcast (a Pace and SA) as well as a DVD player. Is there a difference in the digital audio stream from the Moto boxes that could cause the B&K to not work? Would one of the B&K pricey upgrades fix this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have seen this a LOT.

The B&K's dont like the Fios spdif & neither do older NAD's

An firmware update chip may fix the problem.

But really you should also make noise w/ verizon because the problem is on their "dirty" signal.

Call your local dealer.

We have been selling most of our clients the new ref70 / 707.

So lemme know what happens in your case.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do - just sent the unit in to B&K for a firmware upgrade. Unit was still on original version 1.00 as I did not want to send the unit in and lose it for a few weeks. Hopefully this fixes the issue, because getting Verizon to fix their end will be interesting.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the upgraded AVR 507 back from B&K with the latest firmware and problem solved. Digital audio works fine from the Moto STB boxes and the clicking when switching sources is gone.

Still very impressed with a 6 year old AV unit that is upgradeable and still sounds and operates great from a responsive company who got my unit back in less time than promised.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts