AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone live in the New York area that is familiar with the Ref 30 and is available to come over and tweak my system?

Please let me know.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
What really helps with the Ref 30 is a laptop/notebook and the B&K software suite.

Make yourself a long interface cable

Sit in your sweet spot and play with the settings.

Then move around your listening area as you make small changes. Have a SPL meter in hand to help out in those troubled area's.

Once you think you have it, save the settings not only as your default

but as a backup copy onto the computer.

Now if you ever have to reset or have a major power problem,

you can restore your defaults, no lost time.

If you do not have the software, ask your dealer, he may just give it to you for free.

The nice thing about the software is the easy windows interface with all the workings of the Ref 30 without those layers of menus that one must use if you work only with the remote and on-screen.

(works well with all versions of windows, even XP Pro)

Jerry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any other way to get the software? Dealer I dealt with does not deal with B&K anymore. Thanks for your help on this matter.

Joe

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Joe,

If by Monday you can not find it, drop me an email.

I could burn you a cd with it.

I only have 10MB web space, the file in it's zipped form is 30.4MB

I have a one-way cable modem, slow 56k upload speed,

This makes it difficult to email to you.

Have a great holiday..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by phyre3
I'll put it on my website in a few days (monday probably) so you may get it there.
Do you still have this software that I could download? Ive been searching for it and found your reference to it. Id appreciate it.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
983 Posts
Sorry it took me a while boys I was having problems with the server. I'm emailing the link to you now. Note that the compressed file is 31 mb so you will need fast connection if you don't want to spend a day waiting. There is also a B&K pronto ccf file that b&k released some time ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.