AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ref. 50 arrives tomorrow and I have been playing with the BK Suite Software and the MX-700 editor in the mean time.

Do any of you Ref. 50 owners have any setup tips or tweaks that would be helpful. A good sample *.bkd that you could email me would be appreciated also. Of course we all have different components but any suggestions would be appreciated.

This will be my setup when the processor arrives next week.

Processor - B&K Ref. 50

Amp - Parasound 2205AT 220w x 5

DVD/CD Jukebox - Sony CDP-CX875P

DVD/A/SACD Player - Denon DVD 2900

SAT Reciever - Zenith HD-SAT520

TV - Philip 60" RPTV HDTV Compatiable

Speakers 7.1 - Energy Veritas 2.4's, 2.0C, 2.1's(Side Surrounds), Mission(Rear Surrounds).

SUB- HSU VFT-3

Thx.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you don't have one already, invest in a SPL meter (Radio Shack - analog model). You will need it to properly set speaker levels and to use the notch filters. I also invested in a cheap camera tripod which helps keep the meter at the proper level and makes sound level recording easier.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx...I have my trusty Radio Shack Analog SPL meter that is ready to go!! :) The use notch filters and room compensation is confusing at the present moment.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Quick Notch Filters Guide:

You are able to "notch" one freq point to help eliminate peaks in your room acoustics. Best way is to use your spl meter and using the notch menu, systematically take recordings at each freq point moving up (or down) sequentially. Examine the readings and pick the one freq level with the most pronounced peak and "notch" the freq with the filter by selecting a range that includes that frequency point and lower the level. The notch point range can be set wider or smaller to include freq's near the offending freq point. This only works with one freq point, and generally is effective at the sub-90hz freq's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.