AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody done an in home comparison on these products? Is the C2 worth the additional $1,000.00?

Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ifor,

I like a person who gets straight to the point in a direct manner...but how about some elaboration:)

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I only paid around 3k for my c2 and the ref 50 was only 300.00 less.

The c2 is the exact same as the 6k c1 sonically, so check out some reviews of the c1 in any of the big HT rags.

If you do a search there has been comparisons of the c2 to about every 4-5 k pre/pro out there.

I only heard the ref 50 at a local dealer and not in my own systym but I can tell you the c2 is more revealing of details than the ref 20 it replaced and also has better dynamics.

The analog bypass is fantastic on the c2 so if sacd is a priority in either 2 or multi channel,the c2 is worth it.

Greg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rmlowz
Has anybody done an in home comparison on these products? Is the C2 worth the additional $1,000.00?
Fo sheezy.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Greg,

I only paid around 3k for my c2 and the ref 50 was only 300.00 less.

Why the dealer did that? If it?s worth the money then their is no need for that. What about the prices of B&K? are they also weak like those from Parasound?

I, personal become very critical if prices of top notch gear going down so fast, for me a clear sign that something can?t be good!

Enjoy

Armin

·
Registered
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Armin2
Greg,

I, personal become very critical if prices of top notch gear going down so fast, for me a clear sign that something can?t be good!
A bit of an understatement, wouldn't you say? Tag McLauren is/was a good example.

I got my C2 for around the same price...not because the value of the gear is going down, but because if you purchase through private dealers, or dealers you have a more personal connection with, they won't charge you the $4000 that large retail B&M stores will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.