AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks, need opinions please, on the better amp between the two. I will be driving pair of Klipsch Rf7 ii and a RC64ii with movie/music 80/20 in a good size theater room. Both of these can be grabbed for almost the same price, B&K Reference being cheaper by a little. Both have 3x200 watts per channel. What do you think, which one should I go for? Thanks!

EDIT: sorry I meant B&K 4430 not 4403

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hello folks, need opinions please, on the better amp between the two. I will be driving pair of Klipsch Rf7 ii and a RC64ii with movie/music 80/20 in a good size theater room. Both of these can be grabbed for almost the same price, B&K Reference being cheaper by a little. Both have 3x200 watts per channel. What do you think, which one should I go for? Thanks!

EDIT: sorry I meant B&K 4430 not 4403
Ajay-

I have Klipsch RB-75, RC-7, RS-7's and RSW-15 and I was running them with an Adcom 7707 and Outlaw 990, well not the RSW. The 7707 is 200wpc x 7 and there was more than enough power. I found the Adcom to be a very good amp. Now I also have a B&K 305 and I find it has a unique sound, but I preferred the Adcom/909 combo, granted the 305 is a receiver. All of that equipment is now sitting in my closet gathering dust, but great stuff nonetheless. I would still run my mains with the Adcom.

Oh... I meant to add that 200wpc should be more than enough to drive the Klipsch. I have no idea of you square footage, but I was never even close to running them at max.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Another possible factor - B&K is out of business. Might get more support on the Adcom - if you ever need it ...
I have called Adcom with questions about one of my amps a month or so ago and was given good support. EBCelectronics/adcomparts.com which appear to be the same company also offer service if needed.

-Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts