AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to set up a recently acquired Ref 50 S2. The previous owner did some extensive setup changes to the user interface to use in his system, and as one can imagine, it doesn't work with my very different system.

Does anyone know how to go back to square one on a Ref 50? I am siure like the Ref 30 it replaced, it needs very little setup in my system, but going through all the sources, which seem to have all been customized is a huge pain.

If I could set it back to "out of the box" all I need to do is set the speaker levels and be done with it...

·
Registered
37 Posts
The reset instructions are on the bottom of page 38 in the Ref 50 series 2 manual. If you don't have the manual, it is available on-line.

http://www.bkcomp.com/fileadmin/content_products/manuals/ht_manual/Reference%2050_S2_UM_13790_1104.pdf

FACTORY RESET

Sometimes a factory reset is necessary in order to clear problematic symptoms sometimes experienced in

the field. A factory reset will clear all system settings and all presets. A factory reset will also clear any information

backed up onto the EEPROM that may have been accomplished by a Memory Backup.

To perform a Factory Reset on a Reference 50 Series2,

simultaneously press and release the ON/STANDBY, DOWN and MENU buttons.

Once you see "Reset Preset" on the front panel you can release the buttons. A reset will take approximately

60 seconds.

Good luck

Whalen

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude! You Rock! Thank you very much. I should have known to RTFM but as you noticed I don't have it. Now I do thanks to you! (I'm like a poet).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts