AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with either a Ref 30 or AVR305/307 had their units upgraded yet? Has anyone heard anything? I'm having an issue with my AVR-305 where in standby/sleep mode it emits static from the center channel speaker...On top of this, it hums when in sleep mode in a sort of cyclical manner meaning I can hear the hum get louder and then softer in a somewhat regular cycle....On a final note, while in sleep mode it will sometimes emit loud pops which I can hear from a room away...I've been waiting to send it back to B&K in order to hopefully accomplish multiple tasks in one mailing (ie. the upgrades). Plus I don't want to be without a receiver for too long a period of time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these issues? I have my unit hooked up to a Tice A/V power conditioner, fwiw....

Thanks in advance..

Scott

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here is a link to a B&K forum to a similar post to yours. It is an intermittent transistor on the muting circuit. http://pub106.ezboard.com/baussiedvdandhtforum Click on the AVR 307 FORUM and you will see the hissing and popping post.LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all your help...Found what I needed and it looks like it should be an easy fix...one of these days!!

Scott

·
Registered
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pnutbag
Plus I don't want to be without a receiver for too long a period of time.

Scott- B&K is pretty quick with their service. Shipping is usually longer than the fix. Just make sure you get a return authorization from George.

-Dan

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone have any information on whether or when this upgrade might occur? Last I read (on another forum), it was supposed to happen imminently. This information came from messages dated February - April, 2003. Any new information on this would be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.