AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after months of reading this forum (thanks to all for great info), I'm about to get my first of two plasmas: this one for the bedroom, the next for the living room.

For the living room I've pretty much decided on the Pio 503CMX unless something more exciting comes out in the next few months. Price/performance just seems best there.

For the bedroom, I hadn't really looked that much until recently, and there's a lot more selection at the smaller sizes between LCD and Plasma. I was thinking that the new 37" Panny 6UY unit was the way to go, but I've just been reading about this new 32" Sanyo that also seems that it would be great for a bedroom where PQ and everything else isn't super important.

Since the wife is actually more interested in the TV in the bedroom than I am, she's going to want to see anything we buy before we buy it. So my question is: What are the best places in NYC to see a selection of TVs? I know the usual suspects of CC, BB, Stereo Exchange, Harvey, but are there any other stores that have a good selection? I'm willing to go to the metro NY area if there's better stuff outside the city, but prefer not to if I can avoid it.

I looked on all of the websites for the aforementioned stores, and haven't seen that they sell either of the models I am looking for. Also, what is people's experience with any B&M stores knocking much off of the price they advertise? The B&M prices are just so ridiculously overinflated (and I'll never understand why some pimply teenage sales person's "product knowledge" is the only justification for that) that it's difficult to justify buying any of this stuff in a store, but if it did seem that places were willing to move around on price, then it'd be worthwhile. (Hopefully this part of my question doesn't break the rules, I don't think it does).

Thanks in advance!

-pjb

·
Registered
918 Posts
I got CC to come down significantly with their sticker price..... I think all the stores you mentioned will work with you some, being that what you are buying is a "big-ticket" item. Again, as mentioned above, good bargaining skills are a must.

·
Registered
438 Posts
whassup byte :)

Can you fit the new 42" panny ed panel in the bedroom? its only a few bucks more than the 37" and well, you know what the opinion around here is on the PQ.

Only other prob is if you are considering a commercial model vs the consumer one, you might have trouble finding that on display at any of the B&M locations.

- pink

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if you have them in your area, but you may want to try OGR electronics. They should have any of these on display.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi pink:)

I haven't seen an OGR electronics around (can't actually find them on the web), but PC Richard is a great idea and it looks like they have a good selection too (which I'm pretty surprised by). Sounds like at least bargaining is a possibility, which is good cause the list prices are truly obscene... Thanks all!

·
Registered
438 Posts
if you decide on PCR - make sure you know 100% its what you want because although you will get a GREAT deal in terms of price - they wont let you return it.

also, pcr cant order you any commercial models.

- pink

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.