AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this post is a no-no according to forum rules, but I'll give it a shot...

Can anybody suggest any of the bigger chain b&m stores that seem to be reasonably able to price-match with internet stores. I know that they'll never get completely there, but I'm just curious if, say, Circuit City is more likely to discount than Best Buy, for instance.

-r

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Sears says they will match internet prices including shipping. Unfortunately they have a mandatory delivery charge of $500 on plasmas, plus you have to pay local sales taxes.

Dsmith

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
ronb777, where are you located?

And to all you lurkers and even many of you regular posters: PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR LOCATION IN YOUR PROFILE. You'd be surprised how much more help you get when you ask a regional-specific question. :D

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
when you take into account price matching for a 3000-12000 dollar item, sales tax alone makes true price matching very difficult. Also, I found several b&m retailers very much don't want to take back any problematic Plasmas, whereas carefully selected online retailers will. Obviously there are exceptions both ways. BTW, the difference between online and cheapest B&M for me was 2000 dollars. I can do alot with 2000 dollars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have seen none. In fact I could not even get Circuit City to match another B&M store. They stated that they had different return policies.

Save your money and find a honest Internet dealer. Trying to get CC to even match outrageous prices in other B&M stores left a bad taste in my mouth.

Dave

·
Registered
192 Posts
Magnolia Hi-Fi in Seattle was willing to negotiate pricing with me. They wouldn't match internet pricing, but they got closer to internet pricing (from dealers that they had heard of) than their list price.

They only wanted to match pricing for the consumer displays and from known authorized dealers. This is understandable, but still made for a major price difference. I ended up ordering from Plasma Extreme instead and have been very happy with the service (plus the display got to me more quickly than Magnolia could have done...one of Plasma Extreme's distributor's warehouses is located in Seattle).

alex

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I'm sorry, but this is too much like a "where to buy" thread, which is prohibited under the forum rules. Closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.