AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won an ebay auction for Monsters Vs Aliens 3D Bluray for $33 with free shipping.

Bluray arrived last week and I finally had a chance to sit down with the movie tonight.

Fantastic movie and great 3D.

Then I took a look at the extras and went down the line finally getting to B.O.B's Big Break having no idea what it was.

Blown away, this is the best 3D I have ever seen.

Last week I made a thread about Open Season being the best so far I had seen at home but this little nugget is even more impressive then that.

Def a great one to show off the potential of 3D at home

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
The really nice thing about Bob's Big Break is that it is framed at a full screen 1.78:1, rather than 2.35:1 like the movie. Going full screen like that definitely helps with the immersiveness of the image. The short is also pretty much free of any ghosting or crosstalk and has some nice 3D pop moments. It's definitely a hidden little gem for those that have that BluRay.

·
Registered
17,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP /forum/post/19567373

The really nice thing about Bob's Big Break is that it is framed at a full screen 1.78:1, rather than 2.35:1 like the movie. Going full screen like that definitely helps with the immersiveness of the image. The short is also pretty much free of any ghosting or crosstalk and has some nice 3D pop moments. It's definitely a hidden little gem for those that have that BluRay.

Unless you have a scope screen at which point BBB will have black bars on the side.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigric
I won an ebay auction for Monsters Vs Aliens 3D Bluray for $33 with free shipping.

Bluray arrived last week and I finally had a chance to sit down with the movie tonight.

Fantastic movie and great 3D.

Then I took a look at the extras and went down the line finally getting to B.O.B's Big Break having no idea what it was.

Blown away, this is the best 3D I have ever seen.

Last week I made a thread about Open Season being the best so far I had seen at home but this little nugget is even more impressive then that.

Def a great one to show off the potential of 3D at home
You're freaking me out. I read your other post about you having 20 gig fat PS3 upgrading to 250GB. I did that. You won your copy for $33 on eBay. I won my copy for $33 last week probably from different seller. And you're saying you watched this last night? *I* watched this last night. And loved every second of it. I swear this is gonna be some Fight Club moment where I realize you're me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmeiro /forum/post/19568278

You're freaking me out. I read your other post about you having 20 gig fat PS3 upgrading to 250GB. I did that. You won your copy for $33 on eBay. I won my copy for $33 last week probably from different seller. And you're saying you watched this last night? *I* watched this last night. And loved every second of it. I swear this is gonna be some Fight Club moment where I realize you're me.

*insert twilight zone music*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.