AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after over 25 years, it looks like the woofer in my one of my old Beovox S45's finally gave out.

I had long since replaced this system (twice, in fact) and was using this to provide music in my computer room.

However, since this was the first audio system I ever purchased, I find it hard to toss out an old friend, particularly since one of the speakers is still working just fine. How stupid is it to feel emotionally attached to a speaker?

Does anyone know of a source for new drivers for these relics?

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Quote:
How stupid is it to feel emotionally attached to a speaker?
I must be awfully stoopid, because I've loved dozens of speakers. I went through trauma when I sold my Gale GS401Cs, my Acoustat Model Threes, and I could barely return my Triad Platinum LCRs.

I owned a pair of S-45s, and they had one of the first time-aligned arrays, for whatever good that may/may not be. It's a nice little speaker that doesn't do anything particularly well, other than sound fairly accurate. Call Bang & Olufsen and see what replacement drivers cost. I wouldn't throw hundreds of dollars at them.

Have a funeral in the backyard. Give a touching eulogy. Sob unashamedly as you throw dirt over them. Or...leave them at the curb. (Wasn't that rosewood nice??)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Go to ebay, there is an auction for a complete system right now that ends tomorrow morning. May be worth it as I'm sure something else will eventually fail.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.