AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

New member. First post.

After months of deliberating between various models of video-capable DSLRs and consumer & pro-sumer camcorders, I finally decided on a Panasonic AG-AF101 (US model AF100) for a number of reasons irrelevant to this post.

I also plan on buying a video capable DSLR, primarily for my wife to use for stills and secondly as a secondary camera to support my AF101 for events that require 2 cameras: kids school plays, friends' weddings...etc.

In my initial research, I (obviously) looked at the Canons 5D mkII, 7D and 60D and thought about buying one of these as a back up, but then I heard good reports about the Panasonic GH1/GH2.

(REASON FOR POSTING)

Bearing in mind I'd like to do as little image correction as possible in post to get the footage from both cameras to match, does anyone know if there would be any benefits to using the GH1/GH2 seeing as my primary camera would be a Panny? Or should I just go for a Canon?

Many thanks

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Same manufacturer, same sensor, same codec, same lens mount hence same lenses. Hmm. I see absolutely no reason to choose the GH1 or the GH2 to pair the AF100.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann
Same manufacturer, same sensor, same codec, same lens mount hence same lenses. Hmm. I see absolutely no reason to choose the GH1 or the GH2 to pair the AF100.
I see no reason NOT to use the GH2. You can even use the same film modes. I vote yes for the GH2; is that what you meant Ungermann?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts