AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm about to move into our new home next month. I have purchased a new Denon 3808ci receiver, and I'm in the market of pairing up a set of speakers.

I'm willing to spend about $2k to $2.5k for the 5.1 speaker but would like to get some feedback from you folks out here. Please help me out.

What I want, is wall-hung type instead of in-wall. Music preference is vocal and classical. Of course, I will use my AV system to watch movies too.

I heard that B&W is pretty good, but some said it's overrated.

My living room size is 11'x12', so pretty small, so I think 5.1 will do the work just fine. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Any reason you chose on-walls over in-walls/bookshelves/floorstanders? I have no idea what to suggest for on-wall speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, I don't want to go for in-walls just because I don't want to have big holes drilled. I'd rather hang speakers on the wall instead. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
By limiting your speaker selections to 'on walls' you have severely limited the pool of decent speakers to choose from. Do not fear 'big holes' in the walls. In-wall speakers will sound better and a custom installer should install them with ease. A small box speaker would sound even better. With your budget I guessing you will be in the B & W 600 series speakers. I own B & W CM 7's and I love them, plus they are absolutely beautiful to look at. I've heard every other speaker in their line and they all sound fine for their price point. (I personally found the 600 series to be a bit bright.) B & W overall is a superb speaker company and not 'over rated'. Just over advertised. Don't rule out a nice small set of bookshelf speakers with a quality subwoofer. You will not be dissappointed. Mounting small speakers to the wall, WILL dissapoint you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts