AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my day off I got bored and wanted to look at the difference between a few things. I will first off apologize for the crappy pics, but you'll get the idea.

About a month or less ago I bought a Behinger DEQ2496 ultra curve from Audiogon. The person I got it from didn't like the large amount of stuff this thing does so he sold it. I also bought the matching calibration mic and cord.

This pic is the 683's with no adjustment on the EQ

683's after the auto EQ w/room correction

The one peak and the little dip I can't get rid of with out hammering whats around them.

683's with auto EQ w/room correction and my sub turned on

I turned the sub x-over down to about 35hz and then started turn the gain up until what you see in the pic. You can tell it's a 10" driver by the wayit rolls off at 20hz

This is what the GEQ looks like after running the auto EQ function

Here's the unit itself

I did the 683 testing at a 75db level and the sub I just brought up to what I thought would work

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
How do you like the 683s for two channel play. I bought a pair for my home theater with matching HTM61 and love the deep level bass they produce but haven't listened to much two channel stuff.

I have mine paired with a Denon 4310CI and play almost all my stuff on a PS3. Recommend some good music to listen to?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/16960406

How do you like the 683s for two channel play. I bought a pair for my home theater with matching HTM61 and love the deep level bass they produce but haven't listened to much two channel stuff.

I have mine paired with a Denon 4310CI and play almost all my stuff on a PS3. Recommend some good music to listen to?

I absolutly love them!! I actually prefer having this two channel system rather than the 5.1 set up I had before. By no means are the 683s perfect but for the money I think they make a great argument for one of the top in the class. Just my opinion though

Good music?? Well I listen to a WIDE range of music. Bob Dylan to Mudvyne and charolette church to public enemy. When I demo my system I use Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Sugarland and Roger Waters. I've used Godsmack and Alice n Chains too

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshdw /forum/post/16962335

I absolutly love them!! I actually prefer having this two channel system rather than the 5.1 set up I had before. By no means are the 683s perfect but for the money I think they make a great argument for one of the top in the class. Just my opinion though

Good music?? Well I listen to a WIDE range of music. Bob Dylan to Mudvyne and charolette church to public enemy. When I demo my system I use Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Sugarland and Roger Waters. I've used Godsmack and Alice n Chains too

By any chance do you listen to any SACD? Can you recommend a good reference quality album in this format? I have a wide ranging music taste as well.

·
Registered
344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshdw /forum/post/16962335

I love to demo my B&W's with the Rodger Waters SACD, great depth on that disc really makes the B&W's shine

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/16993726

By any chance do you listen to any SACD? Can you recommend a good reference quality album in this format? I have a wide ranging music taste as well.

Yes we do listen to some SACD stuff.

I've been listening to Norah Jones (come away with me), Godsmack (the other side), Alice n Chains (grestest hits), Telarc 1812 ovature and Yo Yo Ma (Solo - track 1 the Appalachia Waltz it VERY cool). I don't have a great amount of SACD's but I'm getting there. I don't really like the sound of my SACD player so I may sell it and get something else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.