AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down and ordered the denon 3311..but being in a area without any good stereo stores I can't demo speakers easily..I have in the past had English speakers and was generally happy. I did a demo in a Magnolia bestbuy when I was in the north bay area.the b&w's sounded much more balanced to me than the martinlogan motion's i was listening to also..but I've had kef's many years ago and if anyone can point out what i could expect from this Q series in comparison I'd really appreciate it..with the 684's I heard a much more balanced sound and clarity with small details being easier to differenciate than the ml's..you can't get them discounted however and the Q's i can get 20% off..but I want to be happy for a long time with whichever speakers i get. I like clear trebles,but not biting harsh with detailed mids..I'll get a sub to handle the low end.thanks for your opinions and help folks...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
My guess is you'd prefer B&W, I suspect you'd also like Dali's Ikon series, IMO it compares favorably to the 600 series. KEF is very good but they sound "flatter" to me - kinda like NHT - I don't mean this as a bad thing at all BTW.

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.