AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time picking which speakers to get. I haven't heard neither speaker but read good reviews on both pair. I have a Onkyo TX-NR 906B receiver to run a good pair of speakers. I also will be buying a HSU VTF-3 MK3 Subwoofer for the sub. I found a store that carries the RBH MC 6 speakers but I can't audition them. ( They say there in a warehouse ). And Audio Advisors in my area sells the B&W 685. My room size is 20X16 with 9 ' to 12 ' ceiling because its vaulted. Which one would you choose ?

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just reviewed the 685 speakers and they are awsome. I went to audio advisors in west palm beach florida and they helped me with all my questions. The image detail was really awsome. I heard the female vocals in the left- middle, between the speakers . I heard the male vocals in the right side but in the middle also , between the two speakers. The piano was behind the vocals as well as the bass guitar. I heard everything separate but couldn't tell if they were coming from the speakers. And this was only with the pair of B&W 685 speakers. No center channel or surround speakers. They have speakers on sale for ?? 100 cheaper than the original price. I'm going to pick them up on Friday.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Good choice! I love my 685's! But if you think they image good, try something from the 800 series, hehe.
They're much more "3D" than the 600 series (tonally they're very similar though). I just picked up the 804S after a year with the 600 series and couldn't be happier with either of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts