AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to setup my first home theater and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on Bowers and Wilkins versus Klipsch. I was originally planning on sticking with a complete Klipsch reference premiere system, but when I visited a store I heard the B&W 686's with a HTM62 it sounded pretty incredible. Here's what I'm debating below...totally open to suggestions on changing any of the devices I've chosen so far.

Reciever: Denon AVR-X2200
Bookshelf speakers: Klipsch RP-160M OR B&W 686 S2
Center speaker: Klipsch RP-450C OR B&W HTM62 S2
Subwoofer: Klipsch R-110SW OR MartinLogan Dynamo 500

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kyle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Better go listen to them. There is little similarity in their sound.
Thanks for the quick reply FMW. Are they not comparable products? I've found very little online comparing the two...why would you choose one over the other?

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply FMW. Are they not comparable products? I've found very little online comparing the two...why would you choose one over the other?
The Klipsch will play louder. Even though they tamed the highs on the new model they are still going to be a little brighter than the B&Ws.

The B&W center is not well reviewed. The Klipsch center should be a much better center channel speaker.

You really need to go to BB and demo for yourself since they are going to sound pretty different.

And don't bother with either of those subs, neither is much of a sub. If you're limited to BB then at least get the R115SW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts