AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason to start this thread is like to know watz the most popular source, preamp and power do the 802/802D owner use to drive this amazing speaker.

I love this speaker. This is my main speaker for my home theater and stereo purpose.

My 802 driven by 2 tubes monoblocks of ManleyLabs 250W. Using Lexicon MC12 as the pre amp and Marantz S7MKII SACD/CD player.

The vocal and music produce by MANLEYLABS is AMAZING!!!!

·
Registered
30,710 Posts
Most popular is probably Classe all around but I wouldn't scoff at your Manleys!

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Have a friend driving his with Proceed when it fails or he gets ready to upgrade he said

its going to be Classe.

·
Registered
9,502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech /forum/post/14267163

Have a friend driving his with Proceed when it fails or he gets ready to upgrade he said its going to be Classe.

Classé are great with 802D I curretly own the CA-5200 and CA-2100 but Electrocompaniet Nemo 600W are amazing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Krell 400cx powers my 802D's. You really need a class-A design (as opposed to Classe) amp to drive B&W 800 series speakers to their full potential or their "magic" point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the comments.... seems like Classe power is the most popular combination for B&W800 series....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts