AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all
I would need some kind advice. I am living in a small condo and living room size is about 2.3m by 2.1m.
1) i am torn between the 804d3, which is aesthetically nicer and neater, or the better performance 803d3 but more humongous looking st the small area i am in

2) should i
a)wall mount my surrounds, above my sofa, which is a 1.8m 2 seat recliner?
b)or to mount at the side walls where my sofa is in between?
c)or to ceiling mount my surround? I already intend to put a pair of 8" ceiling speakers for a 5.1.2 setup for dolby atmos. So if surround is ceiling mount as well, will end up having 2 pairs of in ceiling.

I am pairing my speakers with MX122 and MC8207

Appreciate

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
I would keep the sides slightly in front and on the side-walls at just above ear level where they should be, and then the atmos heights above and just ever so slightly in front as well.

In a large room you'd have your LCR, then wides, then sides, then rears, then two sets of heights, plus 4 subwoofers for smooth, high SPL, high impact bass.
The closer you get to that "ideal", the better off you'll be.

In your room you'll have to make-do with only 1 medium-sized sub or two very small ones, and no wides, no rears and only 1 set of heights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would keep the sides slightly in front and on the side-walls at just above ear level where they should be, and then the atmos heights above and just ever so slightly in front as well.

In a large room you'd have your LCR, then wides, then sides, then rears, then two sets of heights, plus 4 subwoofers for smooth, high SPL, high impact bass.
The closer you get to that "ideal", the better off you'll be.

In your room you'll have to make-do with only 1 medium-sized sub or two very small ones, and no wides, no rears and only 1 set of heights.
Hi thanks for your reply. So just have 2 surround behind me above my ears will suffice? I shouldnt do 7.1.4?

Is it good if i go with 2 pv1d? For movies and music

1 - 3 of 3 Posts