AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing new construction and the following configurations have been proposed for the following rooms. Family room is 24 x 22 with 10 ft ceilings. Master is 16 x 22 with 10 ft ceilings. Any comments? I know the prices are high, have not begun negotiating yet. Any input on what prices should be are appreciated.

Family Room Set Up

1 Marantz SR7400 Surround Sound Receiver ($999.00)

1 Marantz VC4400 DVD Changer ($429.00)

2 B&W DM601 Bookshelf Speaker (Front - R&L) ($449.00)

1 B&W LCR60 Bookshelf Speaker (Center) ($349.00)

1 B&W ASW600 Sub Woofer ($499.00)

2 Definitve Technology UIWBPZA InCeiling (Rear - R&L) ($749.00)

Master Bedroom Set Up

2 Definitve Technology BP7006 (Front- R&L) ($1,198.00)

1 Definitve Technology CLR2300 ($599.00 )

2 Definitve Technology UIWBPA InCeiling (Rear - R&L) ($449.00)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Both systems are exclusively for video!

·
Banned
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jlazarus
Both systems are exclusively for video!
WHAT?

Marantz is one of the most musical receivers on the market. Def Tec /B&W are also excellent for music. What are you talking about?

jlazarus- Both those systems are excellent for HT AND music. My only suggestion would be an SVS or Velodyne sub.

All and all, good choice - enjoy and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I think that the B&W 602's are much better than the 601's for the minor price increase. Better imaging and smoother midrange.

I'm not a fan of the LCR60 as it is paired with too many L+R in the B&W lineup so it it never perfectly matched (or I haven't heard it perfectly matched - maybe it is with the 601s).

If at all possible see if you can get another identical speaker for your center.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Artisn
WHAT?

Marantz is one of the most musical receivers on the market. Def Tec /B&W are also excellent for music. What are you talking about?

jlazarus- Both those systems are excellent for HT AND music. My only suggestion would be an SVS or Velodyne sub.

All and all, good choice - enjoy and welcome to the forum.
jlazarus made both posts, i think he was pointing out that his sytems were for video...

·
Banned
2,245 Posts
Oooooooooooo! I missed that. I wondered who could have possibly made that kind of statement. Sorry jlazarus, for the misunderstanding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.