AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to purchase a Rotel ra-12 together with b&w cm5 or dynaudio x14. Any input on this?

About the same price in my country.

My room is about 6x4 meters and the speakers will stand on a shelf, about 1 feet from the wall. I listen to rock, country, electronic, pop music etc. Mostly medium volume, it's an apartment building..

/ Andy

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I prefer the dynaudios

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have been in an interesting self-imposed experiment for a couple of months. I had CM5s in my bedroom set-up and a much grander Dynaudio set-up in my living room. I had Focus 110s as rears in my living room set-up. Not available any longer but in the same price range as the CM5s when new.

I moved my CM5 into living room for a short while and the 110s from rears in living room and into bedroom duty. I must say I find the Dynaudio to be such a nice speaker.. I find the mid-range to be clearer and the speaker to be all around a bit more neutral. I just like them for a little monitor. This is to my ears only of course and I never suggest someone buy one speaker over another.

All, I know is those 110s were nice little monitors. I may return back to Dynaudio in the near future for my living room. I would have to go from Confidence back to Focus. I have not heard the latest Focus series but they are supposed to be quite good to excellent. I also have not heard the Excite but I wonder if they are along the lines of my original Focus 110s in sound? If so-really nice.

I think you would like the CM5s as well. Not that they are bad speakers as they are not-they are very very good. Perhaps when all is said and done I am just a Dynaudio guy.

Still working thru choices but I already have the Bowers Diamond center in living room. The logical choice is 804 Diamonds for L/R but Dynaudio is hard to get out of your blood/mind.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts