AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They look like a great deal - great reviews and a great price.

What do you think?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I use four of them with the matching LCR3 center channel powered by a very beefy multi-channel amplifier along with a fairly robust powered subwoofer. They are quite remarkable little speakers. Very simple design, excecuted quite nicely. Excellent choice for a 5.1 channel system in the $2000 to $3000 price range.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Take a listen to NHT SB-1s before you buy them. Especially if you are going to match a sub. The NHT's acoustic suspension given them an advantage with sub matching. They are a little less efficient, however. The sound is very close between the two, but the NHT does have a little clearer midrange and a tighter, cleaner bass. The B&Ws are a little more colorful, however, and have a catchy sound. However, I think the NHT's neutrality grows on you. Well, anyway, just a semi-biased alternative, your subjective experience may vary. At the least, the NHT's are smaller and classier looking, but have a slightlly deeper bass response. The B&Ws on their own without a sub, though have a fuller sound, similar to PSB Alphas and Paradigm Titans because they have emphasized bass in the 80-100Hz range which makes them sound bigger. B&W does have extra prestige because they are somewhat expensive. I usually don't hear the term "best bang for the buck" with them. If you do like them, audition some of the Canadian speakers which I think DO offer more for the money, or, at least, are less expensive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
get the B & W 601s or 602s -- you will be much happier with performance vs $$$ spent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.