AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've replaced a tweeter before so I kinda know what I'm doing? Well anyway I get into the speaker and look at the tweeter vs the replacement they sent me and they looked VASTLY different.

vs

I look around the box a little further and I see that the plastic part on the end of the tweeter (dunno what it's called), is rolling around inside. I look around for the magnet, nope can't find it. Then I get to thinking.... I look at the woofer I took out and sure enough, stuck to the bottom is the magnet of the tweeter.

So the question now is, can I just put the tweeter back together and it'll work? I really have no clue lol. Or is that tweeter just a completely lost cause and I should just use what was sent to me?

Edit: I don't know how to add images from my phone to the thread. I can right click the image and open in a new tab but I can't view image in thread so sorry for inconvenience.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I decided to just test it out. It works I get audio from tweeter and woofer now.

Is this normal? Tweeters coming apart and putting them together and it works fine? I really don't know th is is uncharted water for me.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
It's hard to see what's going on here. Did the magnet fall off the back of the tweeter assembly, leaving the diaphragm and voice coil intact? It kind of looks like the glue holding the magnet failed. No magnet, no motor.

The plastic thing is the tweeter tube load nautilus device that B&W touts. It handles the back wave or some such.

If you've got the magnet glued back on and everything centered you should be good to go...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The diaphragm is intact. I don't know what the voice oil is and yes the magnet must have fallen off. The plastic thing at the back side as well.

Basically the tweeter was in 3 parts when I opened the speaker. Diaphragm, magnet, plastic thing at the back of tweeter. But putting them all together again made it play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts