AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen many references to the B&W M-1's on this board. Opinions? Impressions? At about $200 ea. they are near the top of my price range for a 5.1 satellite system. I listened to a pair (not surround) today and I thought they had pretty good midrange compared to similarly sized speakers, but unfortunately I don't have much basis for comparison. I thought they sounded fuller than some Paradigm Cinema 110's I looked at, though the Paradigms had better presence and clarity. However, the listening areas were very different, and I'm comparing music on the M-1 pair to 5.1 movie audio on the 110's. I will be using my system for both scenarios.

For another comparison, I keep reading good things about the Athena Micra-6 being "as good as systems 4x the cost", but I can't seem to find a set anywhere in the STL area to actually listen to them. Can anyone offer an opinion (I know - opinions are hard to come by around here :D )?

BTW, my listening area is approx 13' x 13', with one wall opening into another room, and hardwood floors.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.