1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B&W Nautilus 803 / 802 & Mark Levinson or Jeff Rowland

Hi everybody

I need some advises:

I've bought a second hand paire of B&W nautilus 803 and I need CD+Preamp+amp to go with it

A friend of mine told me to go listening some Mark Levison or Jeff Rowland.

I'm don't know a lot of thing about US products because (here in France) there're not a lot of shop to go testing ( and not a lot of user too )

could you help me, and describe your experiences with this kind of combo

CD :

ML 39 ; ML 37 ( with 360 I suppose ?)

PRE :

380 ; 380s

AMP:

334 ; 335

maybe you'll think that it will be too much for 803 ! (but I hope I could improve to 802 soon) so I'm searching a combo to match with 803 & 802

Thanks a lot for your help

Laurent from Paris (France)

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
I use a Theta Dreadnaught to drive my B&W 802Ns (as well as an HTM1 center and Def Tech surrounds). It sounds amazing. I didn't audition the Lev's or JR's but I did listen to the Proceed. Too zingy for my ears. Much smoother through the Theta.

TM

·
Registered
48 Posts
HI LaurentD

We know eachother

My Config 3 BW 803 and 1 HTM1, my current selection for this speakers :

Separate Amp:

Classe Audio CAV-500

Classe Audio CAV-180

Theta Dreadnaught

Consider alsos Audio Analogue Maestro as an integrate, they use BW Nautilus for their development and tests.

Note that the "new" Bryston 14 B ST will be better than the ML 334 with the BW for about 7800 Euros (vs 9000 for the ML), take a look also to the Krell KAV 2250 (6500 Euros) and don't forget EAD theaterMaster and¨Powermaster range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI, Mister mk

I'm sure we need to test some ML too. a lot of guys here got these combo with some 802

I'm looking around some advises, and maybe I'll go listening ML with my 803 soon

Have you any interest to join the trip !

LaurentD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will gonna test some

37+d/A conv +380s and 334 & 335

should I test something else IYO

Does 39 do a goog job only linked to the AMP ?

ths

Laurent

·
Banned
143 Posts
I was able to see a showdown between the the 336 & 380s vs Krell 300c and the new Krell KCT driving 7.2 thiels & 801's at a local ML dealer in our neighborhood last fall. It was actually a friendly bet between my buddy and the ML dealer who asked my bud to finally bring his krell stuff down for a faceoff. Well, the krell setup stole the show with both sets of speakers imo . I think the 336 & 300c were close in price but the KCT was about 2k+ more. The ML dealer was floored by the performance of the KCT and was shocked Krell finally made a ss pre that sounded like that. If your spending that kind of money dont rush anything, audition everything you can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i'll go with

380s + 360s

I need to choose CDP between 39 and 31 (second hand)

can you help me ?

about AMP

any one had tested 436 mono ? how does it "sound" vs 336 ?

whitch cables do you use ( I'd only tested Transparent ) ?

thanks

Laurent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.