AVS Forum banner

28121 - 28140 of 28204 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
AVR is *more* than enough power for the HTM71 *and* the 702S2.
hmmm interesting, thought the Nad T758 v3 won't have enough juice for this big center speaker & was thinking of getting an Emotiva Monobloc amp which is small in size & class D.

The one i was considering is the Emotiva PA-1 which is 140w @ 8ohms.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It might look much better if you remove the entertainment shelf, mount the tv and hide your equipment somewhere. The focus will be fully on the picture (on the tv) without the entertainment shelf, equipment and lights distracting it, especially in a dark room.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
It might look much better if you remove the entertainment shelf, mount the tv and hide your equipment somewhere. The focus will be fully on the picture (on the tv) without the entertainment shelf, equipment and lights distracting it, especially in a dark room.
Is the thumbnail picture your setup? Wondering if you could benefit by going with B&W HTM center channel and raising it closer to the TV?

Reactions: jazzrock

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Is the thumbnail picture your setup? Wondering if you could benefit by going with B&W HTM center channel and raising it closer to the TV?
Center speaker should be as close as possible to the TV. Optimally in the center of the TV, but makes it complicated to view :)

Reactions: jazzrock

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's mine. I've been looking for an htm2 d2 or htm1 d3 if the price is right. I won an auction for an htm2 with a broken tweeter but the seller backed out. All you need to do is angle it up. It doesn't need to be right next to the display.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's mine. I've been looking for an htm2 d2 or htm1 d3 if the price is right. I won an auction for an htm2 with a broken tweeter but the seller backed out. All you need to do is angle it up. It doesn't need to be right next to the display.

Disagree. Yea, tilting upwards will help. But in my experience, placing the speaker way down below that channel is too directional to create a successful elusion that the dialogue (in particular) is originating from the screen. Not to mention the likely reflections from the hard floor in front of it.

But hey, if you enjoy it that’s all that matters. This hobby is full of necessary compromises.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Hifi-gear

Hello everyone

I,am from Holland and for many years member of this forum.
By these, I make a move on this ASV-forum from the Dynaudio-ownersgroup to the B&W-ownersgroup
My former speakers were Dynaudio Focus 260 and there were suberb (still is)
but after 7 years I could make a superdeal and bought a pair of B&W 702S2.

My set
- AMP: Rotel RA-1592 (match very well with the B&W)
- Speakers: B&W 702S2
- Streamer: Pioneer N70-A (analog connected with the Rotel / using the Dac from the Pioneer)
- Headphone: AKG-K701
- Blueray-player: Denon DVD-3800DB (digital connected with the Rotel / using the Dac from the Rotel)
- Synology-NAS: containing 400 cd's in FLAC format

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Very nice setup! Welcome to the B&W family, I have the same speakers in a 5.1 setup and loved them so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BrianPK

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello everyone

I,am from Holland and for many years member of this forum.
By these, I make a move on this ASV-forum from the Dynaudio-ownersgroup to the B&W-ownersgroup
My former speakers were Dynaudio Focus 260 and there were suberb (still is)
but after 7 years I could make a superdeal and bought a pair of B&W 702S2.

My set
- AMP: Rotel RA-1592 (match very well with the B&W)
- Speakers: B&W 702S2
- Streamer: Pioneer N70-A (analog connected with the Rotel / using the Dac from the Pioneer)
- Headphone: AKG-K701
- Blueray-player: Denon DVD-3800DB (digital connected with the Rotel / using the Dac from the Rotel)
- Synology-NAS: containing 400 cd's in FLAC format
Nice!! I have the same speakers loved them

Attachments

Reactions: BrianPK

·
Registered
623 Posts
hmmm interesting, thought the Nad T758 v3 won't have enough juice for this big center speaker & was thinking of getting an Emotiva Monobloc amp which is small in size & class D. The one i was considering is the Emotiva PA-1 which is 140w @ 8ohms. Thanks.
The T758v3 can definitely power the center channel, but B&W speakers will typically be better off with external amplification if you can make that happen. I'd recommend using identical amps for the L/C/R speakers though; you could always sell your Anthem amp and get something like this Monolith 3-channel amp.

Reactions: hery19

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi all,
What is the best way to clean the gloss black finishes on speakers? any clear coat cleaners you guys use to remove the micro scratches that comes along the way? Got few micro scratches & want to bring the gloss back to my Rel subs. I know this is a B&W topic but since the piano black on the Rels & B&W are similar thought could get some tips from the members of this group.

Thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi all,
What is the best way to clean the gloss black finishes on speakers? any clear coat cleaners you guys use to remove the micro scratches that comes along the way? Got few micro scratches & want to bring the gloss back to my Rel subs. I know this is a B&W topic but since the piano black on the Rels & B&W are similar thought could get some tips from the members of this group.

Thanks.
I used some of this Griot's Complete Polish when I needed to get a scratch out of my 804 D3 towers. It worked perfectly. A bigger scratch might also require some compound first before the polish.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks.
Car wax worked for me.

·
Registered
672 Posts
There is no “equipment” under the TV except the center speaker. The white area under the speaker is some material to angle the speaker up. I’ll get around to hiding that at some point...

All the equipment is in a cabinet elsewhere in the room behind the main viewing position. A single 20m fiber optic HDMI cable runs in conduit through the wall from the cabinet to the TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Does anyone know how to repair slightly larger scratches in the gloss black marlin head of an 802 nautilus? One of mine has a chip in it that I'd love to get repaired. I contacted french polishers but it's a resin so not something they'll work on.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi all,

On the 702 S2's do you know if the screws on the ports need tightening every once in awhile due to maybe vibrations from playing music and movies? I noticed mine seemed to make a popping or crackling sound when I touched them. It wasnt from the drivers. It was the ports on the back of my speakers. Anyone ever have that issue before? Thanks.

audiomanz

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi all,

On the 702 S2's do you know if the screws on the ports need tightening every once in awhile due to maybe vibrations from playing music and movies? I noticed mine seemed to make a popping or crackling sound when I touched them. It wasnt from the drivers. It was the ports on the back of my speakers. Anyone ever have that issue before? Thanks.

audiomanz
Checked the ports and the screws were slightly loose but not by any big amount. Tightened up the screws but didnt reef on them. Hand tight. Should do for awhile.

audiomanz

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a trusty 804D2 with Marantz SR7008. Unfortunately, SR7008 allows 4K passthrough only at 30Hz and I intend to upgrade to either SR7015 or should I downgrade to SR6015?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have two 800D3s and am considering upgrading my amps and was looking at bi-amping them. I have a Trinnov Altitude 32 and can use 2 channels on the Altitude to two amps for each speaker and have the Altitude do the crossover and level adjustment etc. But wouldn't the speaker's crossover still be in effect and get in the way of or conflict with the Altitude? Would the only way to do it be with an XLR Y cable or daisy chained amps (like McIntosh?)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am considering purchasing the 803 D3s and through research it seems these speakers require a lot of quality power to drive them to satisfactory levels and quality sound. I have an Anthem MCA 525. Would driving these speakers with this amp be a disappointment?

28121 - 28140 of 28204 Posts