AVS Forum banner

28181 - 28200 of 28310 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hi CynanX,

You should reach out to your local distributor for more information about the red cherry finish.

Regards,

Patrick
Bowers & Wilkins North America

It says that the red cherry can be brought as special order. Wonder how easy that is and if there is a cost increase.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello everyone, I just picked up a pair of 702 s2's and an htm71 s2 to go with them and I'm wondering what crossover setting are you guys using for them. My Marantz 6013 sets them to large and full range, but I'm thinking of setting the crossover to 60hz just to protect them a little bit. Just curious how you all have yours set.

Edit: I guess I should specify that I'm just using the Marantz as a preamp and have the speakers connected to a monolith 7x200 amp.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interested in this as well. I run my 683s at 80, though I keep thinking about going down to 70. It seems silly not to use the speaker to its potential, however I also read that a subs job is base and it can handle it much better than any speaker so let the sub do it. So that’s why I went for 80 as the recommended THX set up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello everyone, I just picked up a pair of 702 s2's and an htm71 s2 to go with them and I'm wondering what crossover setting are you guys using for them. My Marantz 6013 sets them to large and full range, but I'm thinking of setting the crossover to 60hz just to protect them a little bit. Just curious how you all have yours set.

Edit: I guess I should specify that I'm just using the Marantz as a preamp and have the speakers connected to a monolith 7x200 amp.
Congrats! I have the 702s and HTM71 also with the same Monolith set at 60 with no issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,997 Posts
Interested in this as well. I run my 683s at 80, though I keep thinking about going down to 70. It seems silly not to use the speaker to its potential, however I also read that a subs job is base and it can handle it much better than any speaker so let the sub do it. So that’s why I went for 80 as the recommended THX set up.

Either 60 or 80 would be great. I am not sure why these AVRs want to set these speakers to "large" or full range. I don't care how good your main speakers are, your subwoofers are always going to be better at the frequencies in the 0-60 range than your center and mids. I have 802d3 and htm1d3 and I have those all set for 80 for movies, 50 for music.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I have my sub crossover set at 60 on the preamp as well. Anything around 80 and below to the 3dB cutoff of the main speakers should be fine. It’s alright to experiment a little since speaker/sub location and room shape/size will give you dramatically different results compared to anyone else’s setup. I would stick to whatever setting sounds best, to me meaning the smoothest bass response with minimal peaks and nulls (not exaggerated loud/boomy bass).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the responses. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something by setting them to 60hz.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is there any truth to the rumor that the plinth degrades the sound on the 702's? I've seen several people say that. I have the plinths off now, but I'd like to know just in case I ever have/want to put them on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is there any truth to the rumor that the plinth degrades the sound on the 702's? I've seen several people say that. I have the plinths off now, but I'd like to know just in case I ever have/want to put them on.
Not sure but I am also curious. I have read B&W say it doesn’t change anything, but have also read an older review (683 or cm10) where the reviewer stated that B&W had informed them for best performance to take the plinth off (can’t remember which but it was something like WhatHIFI or Stereophile). I would imagine what matters most is ensuring the speakers are setup such a way that they won’t be prone to movement or vibrating (ie use the spikes and make sure they are level so they don’t wobble). Don’t just have the speakers resting directly on the floor as that will likely affect bass response.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I already pull the trigger on a new 805D3 during weekends now waiting for it to arrive heard shop say around 30-40 days.....gonna use it for my computer desktop speaker...may i know anyone using this with chord qutest DAC how does it sound?

·
Registered
36 Posts
For those looking for the 600 series in cherry, in the UK at least, one out of 10 dealers can (or rather is willing to) get them in so do shop around and not be put off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also waiting to pull the trigger on 805D3 but scare that 1-2 month later had D4 popping out that i will feel kinda sux wonder anyone knew any B&W dealer to confirm about this.......
In the same boat :(( want to upgrade my CM 10 S2 to 804 d3 but wondering when 804D4 will be out

the 800 series D1 came out in 2006
the 800 series D2 came out in 2010
the 800 series D3 came out in 2015

·
Registered
120 Posts
Finally got around to unboxing my 804s. I've had them for some months waiting for the house to be complete.

Man these are beautiful. Sold off my CM10 S2's for the same price I got them for 5 years ago.
Currently powering them off a Sonos Amp until I figure out what Pre/Pro to get.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Finally got around to unboxing my 804s. I've had them for some months waiting for the house to be complete.

Man these are beautiful. Sold off my CM10 S2's for the same price I got them for 5 years ago.
Currently powering them off a Sonos Amp until I figure out what Pre/Pro to get.

View attachment 3041924
I love the 804 style. I wish the 700s had a little more of that flair, even if it were to just borrow the tapered tweeter housing. Those are going to look pretty good with that stand you’ve got! You’ll have to give your impression comparing them to your old CM10s once they’re all broken in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

28181 - 28200 of 28310 Posts