AVS Forum banner

28301 - 28320 of 28353 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

Just waiting for the HTM1 D3 to be delivered......

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow, nice setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Berland

·
Registered
23 Posts
Would the concerns of proper timbre matching of the HTM2 D3 with the 702 towers be a real thing? I have heard some mention of this when mixing 700 and 800 series speakers. I wish I could go for the HTM1 D3 but don't have the space - the HTM2 barely fits unfortunately. Just want to make sure I'll see an upgrade instead of causing audio issues when spending that much $.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi all, I have a pair of N802s and I'm looking to replace the amp driving them. They're pretty thirsty when it comes to power. I also have a pair in my cinema that I'm driving with a Classe CT-2300 and that combo works well. The ones in my office are currently being driven by a Perreaux FP350 and that works well but the amp has transformer hum and it's driving me nuts!

I'm looking at the Rotel RB-1590 although the specs say that it takes a minimum 4 ohm impedance and I know that, at lower frequencies, the N802s can drop down into 3 ohms. Does anyone have any experience with this amp? Would this be a good choice of amp for these speakers (or is there a better choice for the money)? Should I just stump up for another Classe 2300?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,274 Posts
Would the concerns of proper timbre matching of the HTM2 D3 with the 702 towers be a real thing? I have heard some mention of this when mixing 700 and 800 series speakers. I wish I could go for the HTM1 D3 but don't have the space - the HTM2 barely fits unfortunately. Just want to make sure I'll see an upgrade instead of causing audio issues when spending that much $.
No these will match up really well.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I saw nordost frey2 speaker cable & power cables to sub damn awesome....mine only red dawn haha
Don't spend your money on cables is my suggestion. A good quality installation-cable will do the job. I got an extremely good deal on mine - they work great, but not sure it was a good investment ;) The trick with cables, it is all in your head. Human psychology at its best; expectation bias etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't spend your money on cables is my suggestion. A good quality installation-cable will do the job. I got an extremely good deal on mine - they work great, but not sure it was a good investment ;) The trick with cables, it is all in your head. Human psychology at its best; expectation bias etc.
wow say that from a man that owned 5k worth of cables nice purple ribbons cosmetic btw i love my red cosmetics as well like red ribbons tie on to my focal speakers they don't make any differences at all ;) i just wanna put some gold chain for display lol just like my lego batmobile placed at my tv console for display it adds another 20% of soundstage to my front speakers for dark knight movies......goes well in my head human psychology at its best expectation and i become bias with it.....anyways i had my jumper cables very beautiful on my D3 looks very nice worth it for decorations 130usd cheap cheap lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is somebody using the “new” CWM7.3 s2 inwall speakers? Is there a big difference with the older version? Can’t find any reviews on those speakers.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hi Magicvinny,

We upgraded all the drivers to the ones currently used in the 700 Series. Continuum Mids, Carbon dome tweeters and aerofoil profile bass drivers. Pretty substantial upgrade.

Regards,

Patrick
Bowers & Wilkins

Is somebody using the “new” CWM7.3 s2 inwall speakers? Is there a big difference with the older version? Can’t find any reviews on those speakers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Magicvinny,

We upgraded all the drivers to the ones currently used in the 700 Series. Continuum Mids, Carbon dome tweeters and aerofoil profile bass drivers. Pretty substantial upgrade.

Regards,

Patrick
Bowers & Wilkins
Patrick,
I just sent you a message with a question regarding Bowers & Wilkins CT speakers.

Reagrds,
RKeeney

Reactions: Patrick Butler

·
Registered
65" Sony 900E, Onkyo TX-NR797, 5.1.4, RSL CG23 LCR, CG3 for surrounds and Atmos, Speedwoofer 10s
29 Posts
Need some help identifying these...local estate sale and I have no clue. ... - - - ...
unfortunately this is the best I can do as this pic is from a website...sale doesn’t start until tomorrow... I appreciate any possible help.
Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
719 Posts
Matrix 802 + Matrix HTM

Reactions: Nate S.

·
Registered
719 Posts
This thread is about B&W - not B&O :)

Reactions: hery19

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all!
I bought a pair of 702 S2's about a year ago and i've been overall quite pleased with that decision.
I have them paired to a Marantz AVR for movies etc. and a dedicated MOON stereo amp (with HT bypass) for music.

Although the 702's have plenty of bass, i'm now looking to add a subwoofer for that extra oumph. Actually i've had some trouble "taming" the bass of the speakers as I'm very limited in terms of room placement of the 702s so i'm thinking a subwoofer might do a better job.

Two questions for you all:

1. Choice of sub - what would be a good pairing with 702 S2?
I have my eyes (and ears) on the B&W PV1D. I realize you can get more sub for your money than that but the small size and aesthetics of the PV1D really has my attention. Would that be an "acceptable" match to my speakers?

2. Connecting the sub to both amps
Since I'd like to use the subwoofer for both music and movies, I have to hook it up to both receivers. I'm guessing a line-level switch of some sort might be the solution. Any good recommendations for a high quality switch? Or is there some better and more obvious way to go about this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi all!
I bought a pair of 702 S2's about a year ago and i've been overall quite pleased with that decision.
I have them paired to a Marantz AVR for movies etc. and a dedicated MOON stereo amp (with HT bypass) for music.

Although the 702's have plenty of bass, i'm now looking to add a subwoofer for that extra oumph. Actually i've had some trouble "taming" the bass of the speakers as I'm very limited in terms of room placement of the 702s so i'm thinking a subwoofer might do a better job.

I have my eyes (and ears) on the B&W PV1D. I realize you can get more sub for your money than that but the small size and aesthetics of the PV1D really has my attention. Would that be an "acceptable" match to my speakers?

Since I'd like to use the subwoofer for both music and movies, I have to hook it up to both receivers. I'm guessing a line-level switch of some sort might be the solution. Any good recommendations for a high quality switch? Or is there some better and more obvious way to go about this?

Thanks!
I went with an SVS PB3000 and got that extra oomph you’re looking for. Probably the SB version would work better for you size wise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Golgo

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi all!

Thanks!
I use a DB3D with my 804D3's. You can connect it through XLR and RCA simultaneously and comes with its own room correction (need an iPhone for this). It also 'knows' the characteristics of all B&W speakers so without setting cross-overs you can feed it a stereo signal and it will add only the deep bass the 702's can't provide for, or tweak it to your liking. With the other inputs you can feed them the LFE (and steered bass) for surround sound. The cheaper DB4S, with a single woofer, can do the same. Seems you are looking for a similar setup. As far as I know the PV1D can't do this.

Mark

Reactions: Golgo
28301 - 28320 of 28353 Posts