AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I need some help and advice.. I have the B&W PV1 sub and it is sitting on real wood floor.. I can feel the bass sometimes as it transfers through the wooden floor and wanted a "cleaner" "tighter" bass so came accross the Auralex Subdude HD which I found for approx £67.00 including delivery..

Please can you gus tell me is this going to improve the sub in anyway or is it just a gimmick which is really a waste of money and time.. ? Please can you guys advise me..

Please see the link below for my room setup so it will give you an idea as to where my sub is placed and may be easier for you guys to advise me.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...member=mkohman

Many Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman /forum/post/20897021

Hey Guys,

I need some help and advice.. I have the B&W PV1 sub and it is sitting on real wood floor.. I can feel the bass sometimes as it transfers through the wooden floor and wanted a "cleaner" "tighter" bass so came accross the Auralex Subdude HD which I found for approx £67.00 including delivery..

Please can you gus tell me is this going to improve the sub in anyway or is it just a gimmick which is really a waste of money and time.. ? Please can you guys advise me..

Please see the link below for my room setup so it will give you an idea as to where my sub is placed and may be easier for you guys to advise me.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...member=mkohman

Many Thanks

I actually thought the pv1, with its dual opposed design, had an almost vibration free cabinet - and the subdude is normally used to stop cabinet vibrations travelling to the floor (that's how i use it). If I'm right - could the floor vibration instead be about the bass is activating the floor (which is unavoidable). How ever - the further you remove sub from the floor - the less powerfull will be at the floor - so through this you could get less vibration through the floor

BTW that's a nice integrated HT - looks good.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
the Subdude isn't a gimmick, there are lots of happy customers on this forum.

What you are feeling is probably just the bass itself, not the cabinet vibrating because the PV is quite vibration free, but the Subdude should indeedl help isolate the bass transferring to the floor

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just want to specify - I am really happy with my subdude - and I hope you will post about your results - when you get it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.