AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the sub - what a sub - so small but so heavy like a dense cannonball. Quality is top notch Connections aren't easy to get to as they are on the base but are hidden smartly out of the way. Used standard LFE connection via Mogami cable to Marantz SR5008 AVR. Let the Audyssey do its work with the new sub (which I set up to 120hz just in case) and the orbs. The Audyssey chirps on my new PV1D were different to my Klipsch sub12 - much higher. This affirmed the choice in sub - dynamic range and musicality.
And in this regard it ended up blowing the sub12 away which wasn't a bad sub by any means - but it just wasn't fast or accurate enough for music.

So far I am very, very impressed by this attractive little sub. I have been listening everything from classics to deep house to reggae and rap. It handles everything with great character. Going to test some movies next. So far highly recommended for a small to medium space. Hope it doesn't sudenly go pop like I been hearing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got the sub - what a sub - so small but so heavy like a dense cannonball. Quality is top notch Connections aren't easy to get to as they are on the base but are hidden smartly out of the way. Used standard LFE connection via Mogami cable to Marantz SR5008 AVR. Let the Audyssey do its work with the new sub (which I set up to 120hz just in case) and the orbs. The Audyssey chirps on my new PV1D were different to my Klipsch sub12 - much higher. This affirmed the choice in sub - dynamic range and musicality.
And in this regard it ended up blowing the sub12 away which wasn't a bad sub by any means - but it just wasn't fast or accurate enough for music.

So far I am very, very impressed by this attractive little sub. I have been listening everything from classics to deep house to reggae and rap. It handles everything with great character. Going to test some movies next. So far highly recommended for a small to medium space. Hope it doesn't sudenly go pop like I been hearing!

How was it with movies?

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,897 Posts
I wonder why companies do this. I just saw the following in their doc's...

Frequency Response* 7.5Hz - 450Hz ±3dB on reference axis

* Bass extension varies with output level due to dynamic equalisation.

From two 8" drivers? B&W makes nice stuff - expensive, but nice - so I wonder what they're trying to achieve here.

I'm glad it's worked out so well for you, but personally something like this makes me leery.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
That has to be a typo...probably meant 17.5Hz, which is still probably suspect.

·
Premium Member
13,362 Posts
Congrats on the new sub! :)

Lucy J said:
Let the Audyssey do its work with the new sub ...The Audyssey chirps on my new PV1D were different to my Klipsch sub12 - much higher. This affirmed the choice in sub - dynamic range and musicality.
Curious:
- How do higher-frequency Audyssey chirps indicate that a sub has dynamic range and musicality?
- What is the frequency threshold of Audyssey chirps below which a sub no longer has dynamic range and musicality?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys, im sorry for revive this post i just didnt wanna to create another post about the sub for a question or 2.

So, i have the Marantz 7012 receiver and i bought the B&W 702 and the sub PV1D and my question is, do i really need to connect the sub to the computer and make any configuration on it or can i plug and play on the Marantz 7012 and the audyssey MultEQ will configure it???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.