Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm looking for bookshelf speakers.

What do you think about B&W's DM601 S3, DM602 S3, B&W DM303?

Which one of them offers the best performance in jazz & rock?

Also, are there other, similar (Doesn't have to be B&W) bookshelf speakers you can recommend?

P.S - I live in Israel so no Swans or nOrh for me..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have 602 S2's (fronts) and 600 S3's (rear) in my system, along with a CDM-CNT center and like it quite well for the price.

It's all a matter of personal preference and budget. Are they the best bookshelf speakers-NO. I listened to some Def Tech, Monitor Audio, and Klipsch and liked these the best for music. They also worked fairly well for movies.

There are so many variables that it's hard to say. If these are in your budget and sound good to you, buy them. I would recommend the 600 S3's over the 303's. You really need to determine what you like best, as there is a difference in the way each speaker sounds.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the 303s and am pretty happy with them. I don't know what they'll set you back in shekels, but they're inexpensive in NY. My in-laws have the 601s2 and I like the 303 more, but of course I'm biased towards what I own.

Another recommendation is to build them yourself. I did a center channel and was blown away by how much better it came out than I even imagined it would. For less money than you spend on a cheap commercial speaker you can have speakers that are in the league of the high-end. It takes a little woodworking skill, but not much, and some patience. You can't do it in a weekend unless you really know what you're doing. Mine took about 2 months of part-time weekend work.

Check out Madisound.com for designs and prices. (I don't work for them. I only buy from them.) There are other sites as well, of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.