AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
B&W does not authorize internet sales. They, like many other AV manufacturers, really, really hate free markets. If you want to get them at a discount, try audiogon.com or ebay. Gently handled used speakers can be almost as good as new.

Tim

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yup, B&W does not authorize internet sales. Unfortunately, too many people have come to expect that (1) companies offer discounts on products and (2) the internet is the best place to buy stuff (even if it means using local B&M stores to demo then buying via mail order). Some times you have to accept that a $1500 pair of speakers costs $1500. Or buy another brand.

That all said, I did see a pair of B&W CDM NT7 (I believe thats the correct model numnber) on Audiogon for a very reasonable price (around $1000).

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My brother got a pair of DM601's a pair of DM600's and the LCR60 all for $1,050 out the door. That's about 15% off retail.

He also quoted me for a pair of 9NT's a pair of 1NT's and the CNT for $4,000 out the door. I should be picking that up sometime this month :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
My B&W dealer will ocassionally have have sales throughout the year which include the B&W line. I got one of two pairs of 805Ns for roughly 15% off and the other pair for about 10% off. I was to get about 12% off for my HTM2 center.

You may to search, and wait for sales, but it is possible to get a little off the price at times.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RickMTB

That all said, I did see a pair of B&W CDM NT7 (I believe thats the correct model numnber) on Audiogon for a very reasonable price (around $1000).
I bought my N802's on Audiogon.

Great price, great seller, amazing speakers.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
My local dealer is 10% off all of the time. I think you are dreaming trying to get 20% off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.