AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decisions decisions,

My wife and I are currently building a home. I am trying to build a good living room HT. The room that it will be going into is a very open room and is not ideal for a HT but we want one in the room anyways. I am between two systems so far they are:

Fronts- paradigm se1

Center- paradigm se center or another se1

Rears- paradigm ams-100r

Sub- velodyne deq-12r

AVR- denon 3310ci or pioneer elite sc-25

or

Fronts- B&W 685

Center- B&W htm62 or another 685

Rears- B&W ccm65

Sub- velodyne deq-12r

AVR- denon 3310ci or pioneer elite sc-25

I have only been able to hear the B&W system and it was nice. Unfortunately my paradigm dealer does not have the se system on their floor. Keep in mind that the primary focus of this system will be for movies and TV watching. I would greatly appreciate some feedback and opinions on the system I am currently looking at.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
go listen to the Paradigm Studio 10s. You will get a close enough idea to which you prefer, trust me, it will be obvious (though different for everyone).

Ron

·
Registered
584 Posts
It's really difficult to give any meaningful advice for something like this because we all have different preferences. And even following RonaldoCombs advice you still won't have listened to the actual speakers you are considering buying.

However, he might be on the right track to at least help you inform yourself: listen to the Studio 10s and to something similar in size from the monitor series. Probably the SE's will fall somewhere in between in terms of sound quality. At the very least, you'll get a sense of the Paradigm "sound" to help you judge if you like it more or less than the B&W "sound".

Keep in mind that this is a very crude way to do things, and neither system will sound the same in your home as it does at the dealer. But at least you'll have some idea of what you are buying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts