AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
There are positives and negatives with everything. Now and in the past you do see many different manufacturers of different products team up and or have very close working relationships:

Linn / Naim

Wilson / Krell

Bryston / PMC

B&W / Rotel / Classe

NAD / PSB

Moving forward with the higher end products, theoritically you should now have a "better fit" between amplifier and speaker. B&W has a presence in the pro market for studio monitoring (eg 801's), I wonder if Classe will start making electronics geared / marketed towards the pro market. Bryston and PMC do a lot of cross marketing although more in the pro market than in the consumer market.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by EC
There are positives and negatives with everything. Now and in the past you do see many different manufacturers of different products team up and or have very close working relationships:

Linn / Naim

Wilson / Krell

Bryston / PMC

B&W / Rotel / Classe

NAD / PSB

Moving forward with the higher end products, theoritically you should now have a "better fit" between amplifier and speaker. B&W has a presence in the pro market for studio monitoring (eg 801's), I wonder if Classe will start making electronics geared / marketed towards the pro market. Bryston and PMC do a lot of cross marketing although more in the pro market than in the consumer market.
I don't think you will see this at all... while B&W does sell monitors to some studios (and its not too many), it is a fraction of their business compared to their consumer sales. B&W uses a lot of their studio representation in marketing materials more than their actual pressence in studios. It makes absolutely 0 sense that they would start building Classe amps just for studios.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
My concern is that Classe products have been relatively affordable in the past, but B&W seems to want them to move higher upscale to compete with Krell, Levinson, and Meridian to a greater degree. That would be too rich for some of us. Hopefully they will retain an "affordable" series for those with not so deep pockets.

Dsmith

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith901
My concern is that Classe products have been relatively affordable in the past, but B&W seems to want them to move higher upscale to compete with Krell, Levinson, and Meridian to a greater degree. That would be too rich for some of us. Hopefully they will retain an "affordable" series for those with not so deep pockets.

Dsmith
The Classe line falls in the same price points as Krell (some at the price of the Showcase line and some in the $15-20k range). They have made upscale components (Omega line) for numerous years before B&W had anything to do with them.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Wait til you find out how much a yellow volume control costs! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.