AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a single b&w vm1 speaker that I want to install outside. It will be installed in a place where it is impossible for it to get wet from the rain. Has anyone else done the same with this type of speaker, or anyone have any good reasoning for me to not do this? My main concern is humidity and condensation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also some help on wiring would be nice. I have a denon avr2113. I want to run the single b&w vm1 speaker on zone 2. Now, I am pretty illiterate when it comes to this, but have played with car audio stuff in my younger days. Is my best option to bridge the two zone 2 channels to run the speaker in mono? And do I do this by connecting the negative speaker terminal to negative amp channel of the first amp channel, and then the positive speaker terminal to the positive amp channel of the second amp channel? I'm a little afraid of frying my amp, so your advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom  /t/1521686/b-w-vm1-for-outdoor-use#post_24458611

I'm quite sure you'll blow the amp up if you did that.

Agreed. I wouldn't risk it unless you are looking to create a reason to replace your receiver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts