AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One brand of speakers available in Bermuda are Boston Acoustics. I am currently running the Micro 90's and VR10 Center but am seeking a fuller embodied soundstage. I am still limited to small bookshelves up front.

What is anyone's take on the VRM Series from BA? I am looking at the VR-M60 for fronts, VR-MC, and VR-MX for rears.

I may end up with the Ascend package with new matching center, but the local rep says he can get BA's much cheaper than retail in the states. My only import would be a SVS thereafter.

Thx

·
Registered
360 Posts
I really like the BA VR-M60s. Personally, I prefer them over the PSB Stratus Mini's, Paradigm Studio 20's, Snell K's, and many other "popular" monitors. I have been auditioning various speakers for the last 6 months for my HT and the BA's are still at the top of my list. However, I wish they had a more substantial center channel speaker. The VR-MC timbre matches the VR-M60's, but I wish they had a center that had 2 active woofers instead of 1 active and 1 passive. If I end up doiing the BA's, it will be a 7.1 setup with VR-M60's for the front, a VR-MC, a pair of VR-MX's for the sides and a pair of Bravo's for the rear surrounds. Sub will probably be a HSU or SVS.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am quite curious now that you included the Studio 20's in the mix. They are by far my favorite bookshelf speaker to date that I have heard. I visited my local rep today and he told me I can take the demo VR-M60, VR-C, & VR-MX's home for the weekend to try. He didn't have them hooked up to any source, remember, think island in the Atlantic. I will pick them up next Friday.

In fact he quoted me a price that was quite attractive.

I am crrently using the BA Micro 90's and the VR10 Center. Do you know if this center matches the VRM Series? It would be cool if I could keep the center or maybe even try to get an old VR12.

Also, the only place to place the rears is four feet behind. Do you think the VR-MX's will work??

I didn't wire the 6th channel when I laid my new carpret last month, big mistake!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Anthony

Although BA does own Snell they are run as 2 separate companies. The sound of a Snell speaker is very different then the BA. I have AB'd the VR-M60's against Snell K.5 mk2's, Paradigm Studio 20's, Rocket RS250's, PSB Stratus Mini's and RBH 41-SE's.

Canman

The Studio 20's are nice but can be a bit harsh on the top end. The BA's are as detailed as the Paradigm's without the harshness in my opinion.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really didn't find the top end harsh on the Studio 20's. I thoroughly enjoyed what I heard and almost took them on the spot.

Anyone on the center, or more importantly, on the placement of very expensive rears?

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.